The Hanck/Tappe Home
The home originally built by John Hanck is one of the island homes sketched in the 1874 Hardesty Atlas of the islands and that drawing of the original home can be viewed here.
Located just north of the Bretz Winery, this home was abandoned in the 1970s and was finally torn down in the mid '90s. Those of us who remember it, know that the Tappes occupied it for most of the 20th century, so it is usually called the Tappe house. Note that in the 1930s view below, there is a "new" left wing on the house that is not in the 1874 view.
All Contents Copyright © 2000-2003 by Middle Bass on the Web, Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction without written permission is forbidden for any purposes other than personal use.
Revised: 21 Jul 2008 06:54:57.
This page has been accessed Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 2